Monday, October 02, 2006

TOKYO -- HELP!

I used to enjoy visiting Tokyo. Now I can`t take the crowds. Imagine the entire Canadian population squeezed into the GTA and you get a city with no breathing room. I was friggin' tapped out. Shinjuku station was a blathering mess of people, and I was queuing 2 minutes to just get *onto* the escalator. The trains were long, full, and crowded with long, unproductive train rides on which locals spend 2-5 hours a day.

Imagine a fish swimming upstream against a crowd of people. That`s me. Yes, I saw the marketing potential of an endless stream of consumers, but the weight of people was oppressive. Space, relative quiet, and not having to queue to simply get into a coffee shop is something I've become accustomed to. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home