Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Highlights of FOCUS are...(drumroll please)

So here are THE highlights of the FOCUS poker charity formal I attended last night that you've been waiting for:
1)  shocking about 200 dinner guests as I pulled my pants and underwear down to a crowd dining on $45/plate formal dinner service.  I heard some expected gasping.  No, I'm not an exhibitionist.  This was part of one of the 7 Asiansploitation sketches that we performed.
2)  playing in my first-ever live poker tournament where I paid money to enter ($40 buy-in).  Chatted with a few nervous poker players as I was nervous myself.  Knocked out a few.  Managed to eke out a 3rd place position which was actually quite intense and tiring -- but a good time overall.
3) John Ki, a very good stand-up comic had a polished piece touching on Asian-Canadian embarrassments and awkward moments.  I couldn't see it all, but from the parts I did see, even from the back, he had a nice connection with the audience.  Smooth.
KUDOS to Peter Vuong (who was at the final table with me placing 7th) and the FOCUS team for putting on a really good event for a really good time.

Posted via email from middledragon's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home